A massage therapist’s guide to understanding, locating, and treating myofascial trigger points
A massage therapist’s guide to understanding, locating, and treating myofascial trigger points by Leon Chaitow and Sandy Fritz is now out of print, and the electronic version is being made exclusively available for preview and download through this website.
One chapter and all the videos demonstrating techniques introduced in the book, are available free of charge. Click here for the accompanying video gallery.
The full book, including high-resolution images and detailed techniques is available for purchase below.
Click to read the book description
This guide offers an easy-to-read, easy-to-understand, evidence-based explanation of myofascial trigger points. Information is presented in a simple format, with short explanatory paragraphs, bullet-point summaries, numerous line drawings and photographs, key concepts boxes in each chapter, and a full glossary. The book is supported by video clips demonstrating the palpation and treatment methods described within the text.
- Abundant illustrations and photos.
- Easy reference, with simple language.
- Key Concepts boxes in each chapter.
- Companion website demonstrating palpation and treatment methods.
1. Myofascial and other pain
2. How trigger points start – the big and the small picture
3. Different trigger points characteristics
4. Maps and other ways of locating trigger points
5. ‘Measuring the pain’
6. Finding trigger points by palpation
7. How to treat trigger points manually
8. Integrating trigger point application into massage
9. Non-manual trigger point deactivation methods
- Checked chapters can be downloaded free of charge. Simply click on the title and they will be automatically downloaded to your computer. To purchase the full book for £10.00 ($15.00 ), click the Buy Now button below.
Download free chapters:
- 2. How trigger points start – the big and the small picture
- 3. Different trigger points characteristics
- 4. Maps and other ways of locating trigger points
- 5. ‘Measuring the pain’
- 6. Finding trigger points by palpation
- 7. How to treat trigger points manually
- 8. Integrating trigger point application into massage
- 9. Non-manual trigger point deactivation methods
Purchase full book:
This button will take you to a secure payment page where you can pay for the book and then return to this website. You do not need a Paypal account to complete the payment.
When payment is completed, you will receive a confirmation email with a download link from where you can download the fully illustrated e-book. The link will be valid for 48 hours after purchasing.
If you do not receive this email within a few minutes after purchasing PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER BEFORE WRITING TO US. It is most likely that your email program may have diverted it there by mistake.
- The full e-book is 13.6 MB in size, and should take roughly 2-5 minutes to download on an ADSL/Cable/Wireless connection, but may take longer if you are using a modem/dialup connection.