Massage Therapist’s Guide to Head and Neck Pain
A massage therapist’s guide to Head and Neck Pain by Leon Chaitow and Sandy Fritz is now out of print, and the electronic version is being made exclusively available for preview and download through this website.
The front matter and two chapters are available free of charge. All of the accompanying videos are offered free upon purchase of the full e-book (see below), including high-resolution images and detailed techniques,
Click to read the book description
The massage therapist’s guide to treating headaches and neck pain is a practical guide for the massage therapist to assist them in identifying appropriate massage treatment for those experiencing headaches and neck pain. The book describes the most common headache types and causes for neck pain that can be effectively addressed with therapeutic massage and associated methods easily incorporated into massage. Assessment procedures are provided both to identify appropriate treatment and to alert the massage therapist to more serious conditions that could be responsible for the symptoms and require a referral for further diagnosis and treatment. Protocols for treatment using massage and other soft tissue methods are provided. The text is written in a practical way that is user friendly.
- Abundant illustrations and photos.
- Easy reference, with simple language.
- Key Concepts boxes in each chapter.
- Videos demonstrating palpation and treatment methods available on full purchase.
1. Headache types and neck pain and dysfunction
2. How headaches and neck pain occur, and when is pain a sign of a serious condition?
3. Medical treatment for headaches and neck pain and implications for massage application
5. Justifying massage as treatment
6. Assessment strategies and selected interventions
7. Modalities working with massage
8. Therapeutic massage treatment for headache and neck pain
9. Adjunctive treatment for headache and neck pain: what else should you know, and what else might help?
- Checked chapters can be downloaded free of charge. Simply click on the title and they will be automatically downloaded to your computer. To purchase the full book for £10.00 ($15.00 ), click the Buy Now button below.
Download free chapters:
Purchase full book:
When payment is completed, you will receive a confirmation email with a download link from where you can download the fully illustrated e-book. The link will be valid for 48 hours after purchasing.
To download the accompanying videos that demonstrate the techniques described in the book, please click HERE.
If you do not receive the email with the download link within a few minutes after purchasing PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER BEFORE WRITING TO US. It is most likely that your email program may have diverted it there by mistake.
- The full e-book is 13.3 MB in size, and should take roughly 2-5 minutes to download on an ADSL/Cable/Wireless connection, but may take longer if you are using a modem/dialup connection.
- The video folder is 1.6 GB in size and may take a few minutes to download. Please let the download complete before attempting to open the folder. This is a zip folder. To unzip it and to access the videos you need a program such as Winzip. If you do not have this installed, a free and safe alternative can be downloaded here.