Leon Chaitow ND, DO graduated from the British College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1960. Since 1983 he has been a visiting lecturer at numerous chiropractic, physiotherapy, osteopathic, naturopathic and massage schools in Europe, USA, Canada, Australia. He was the first naturopath/osteopath appointed as a consultant by UK government to a medical practice (1993 – 2010). He is author/editor of over 70 books and is the founding Editor-in-Chief of peer-reviewed (and now Medline indexed) Journal of Bodywork & Movement Therapies (Elsevier). He retired from his position as a Senior Lecturer, at the University of Westminster, in 2004, after 11 years as a module leader in Therapeutic Bodywork and Naturopathy. He was awarded an Honorary Fellowship by the University in November 2005, in recognition of “services to Complementary and Osteopathic medicine”. He lives and works in London and Corfu, Greece – with his adored wife of 42 years, Alkmini.
Welcome to my revamped website (fully redesigned and built by my daughter Sasha).
Whether this is your first, or a return, visit – please take your time to explore the various sections and to click on individual book titles to visit pages devoted to more detail of each of these, or for links from where they can be purchased – either in dollars or in sterling.
As you navigate the site you will see that books have been grouped into the following categories, viewable through the dedicated “Bookshop” pages:
- New/current editions of text books
- Earlier editions of textbooks that are still available
- General health titles – suitable for the lay-person
- Classical books (in print for over 30 years, but still in print)
- Out of Print titles that are still available – used and sometimes unused
- Books by my wife Alkmini Chaitow
There is also a section featuring downloadable e-books where some chapters are freely available (in pdf format) as well as the entire book being available for purchase at a reduced price compared with the print version available on Amazon. In addition the site includes the following features:
- Video galleries featuring video clips from my books are available here. Most of these are free, a few of them are available for purchase and download.
- The Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies page offers free downloadable pdfs of all my editorials written over the past 17 years.
- The Articles section features a large number of downloadable (free) articles on a multitude of topics.
- You can access my blog – and a page of selected photographs of friends and family.
- You will also find details of how to make contact with me should you have queries or suggestions.
Please use the ‘contact’ page to send any ideas you may have for improving the content of the site, but please note that I cannot provide individual advice, or answer questions regarding health care.
The purpose of the site is to promote health information and education, but not to provide specific advice, which can, in my opinion, only be responsibly offered in a traditional setting, where a health care provider is able to fully evaluate an individual’s history and current condition. I look forward to hearing from you.
Statement of clarification: In the USA the qualification ‘D.O.’ indicates that the holder is an osteopathic physician. In the UK the legally protected title ‘osteopath’, signified by the letters D.O., does not have the same meaning. I trained as a naturopath and osteopath in the UK (1956-1960), and the letters following my name (N.D., D.O.), and my Honorary Fellowship from the University of Westminster (2005), should not be used to suggest that I am anything other than a UK trained naturopathic and osteopathic practitioner (Registration#1/201/F. General Osteopathic Council). I share this information in the interest of accuracy and transparency about my credentials. I cannot control misattributions that occur on other websites or in print media, but I hope that responsible parties will use care when they refer to me or my work.
Leon Chaitow N.D., D.O. (UK), Osteopath. UK Registration 1/201/F