UPDATE JAN 2020: These are the only existing fully developed online courses created by Leon Chaitow in collaboration with New York-based HANDS-on-SEMINARS (HoS). By permission of Leon Chaitow’s estate, these courses will remain available and supported and updated where necessary by his closest colleagues. Updates and news coming soon.
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Breathing Pattern Disorders
- Fascial Treatment and Assessment Methods
- Chaitow course bundle
- A series of video-based modules, on each topic, that were filmed in New York, involving a cross-section of manual/physical medicine professionals (Physical therapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Licensed massage therapists, Pilates and Yoga Instructors etc)
- A required reading Guide pack is provided: e-books, pdf documents, complete set of power-point slides
- The courses are divided into modules built around the videos that are based on the textbooks (provided as part of the course, as e-books).
- Each module-video has a side-panel with minute-by-minute reading suggestions – in which the power-point slides that are being shown, or the topic being discussed, or the method being demonstrated – are linked to further reading suggestions, for example, page numbers/chapters in the books; or articles/research papers that are provided electronically as part of the learning package (in pdf format).
- The power-point presentation – made up of hundreds of information-rich slides – that accompany each course, are of course provided to participants and can be scrolled through independently of the video sequences (modules)
- At the end of each module (varying in length from 30 to 60 minutes) a series of multiple-choice questions are provided for self-assessment of the participant’s understanding up to that point.
- Moving to the next on-line module depends on taking the test – not on passing it.
- If a poor score is obtained, because correct answers are provided after the test (many with explanatory notes) – the tests themselves then become a part of the learning process.
- The combination of eBooks, pdf articles, power-point slides, videos containing detailed lecture and hands-on demonstrations – as well as multiple-choice exam-questions (with answers and further notes provided after the exam is completed) —-offers a profound learning opportunity.
Screenshots from within the courses