Five chapters, the front matter, appendices, and exercises for practitioners are available free of charge.
Most of the video footage demonstrating exercises and techniques presented in the book are available free on this page. Icons in the text indicate where there is a video clip available to illustrate what is being described. There is a small fee for a few of the videos, which can be purchased individually from this page.
Click to read book description
Cranial manipulation is a fast-growing area of manual therapy practice. In Cranial Manipulation Theory and Practice 2e (2005) Leon Chaitow together with six expert contributors, presents the latest thinking on the use of this valuable approach, and the most up-to-date research evidence to support its use.
Osteopathic biomechanical and biodynamic concepts are thoroughly examined, as are chiropractic and dental approaches involving cranial and cranio-facial manipulation.
Written in the style of a clinical manual, and incorporating numerous palpation, assessment and treatment exercises, the text is easy to follow and links theory to the practical problems of the clinician.
This book is unique in describing both soft tissue and osseous applications, and in providing the practitioner/therapist with guidance on which option to select in different clinical situations. The details of the techniques described are supported by high-quality illustrations, and practical exercises are included to help improve clinical skills.
Checked chapters can be downloaded free of charge. Simply click on the title and they will be automatically downloaded to your computer. To purchase the full book for £10.00 ($15.00 ), click the Buy Now button below.
Download free chapters:
- 2. Cranial fundamentals revisited.
- 6. Cranial movement: mechanical and subtle
- 7. Cranial bones: assessment and manipulation.
- 8. Cranial implications of muscular and fascial distress.
- 9. Assessment and treatment of key cranially associated muscles
- 10. Positional release and cranial pain and dysfunction.
- 12. Clinical applications of cranial manipulation
Purchase full book:
This button will take you to a secure payment page where you can pay for the book and then return to this website. You do not need a Paypal account to complete the payment.
When payment is completed, you will receive a confirmation email with a download link from where you can download the fully illustrated e-book. The link will be valid for 48 hours after purchasing.
If you do not receive this email within a few minutes after purchasing PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER BEFORE WRITING TO US. It is most likely that your email program may have diverted it there by mistake.
- The full e-book is 23.6 MB in size, and takes roughly 5 minutes to download on an ADSL/Cable connection, but may take longer if you are using a modem/dialup connection.
- The e-book and individual chapters are all in pdf format. You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. If this is not already installed on your computer, you can download it free here.
- Click here for the video gallery with free videos accompanying this book.